Body Massage (Swedish)
Using a variety of basic and advanced massage movements, you will learn how to perform a professional body massage.
Course duration: 2 days plus 4 independent case studies with a further ½ day trouble shooting with a written and practical assessment.
Course price: £449.00
Entry requirement: A passion for the industry and willingness to learn.
Appearance: A professional tunic, flat closed in shoes with anti-slip soles. Hair tied back, no jewellery (except for a watch and a wedding band) and no nail polish or enhancements.
Qualification: Red Barn Training Certificate which allows you to obtain Public Liability insurance so you can start offering treatments to paying clients.
The Body Massage course includes:
- Health and safety
- Anatomy and Physiology of the body
- Massage movements and modifications
- Advanced massage movements
- Facial and scalp massage
- Postural faults and diagnosis
- Calculating BMI
- Massage mediums
- Practical tuition on performing Swedish body massageNotes: To complete this course, students must be prepared to give and receive the treatment. If only one student is on the course, a model will need to be provided.